Going to college and considering a second job to cover the outrageous cost of college text books? There is a much less expensive option. Do NOT buy your text books! Rent text books for college and save your money! Click here to rent text books for college.
You may be wondering how can I rent text books if I do not know which books I will need for each course? That is a good question. The answer is, according to the Federal Higher Education Opportunity Act, which went in effect July 1, 2010, colleges must list required course materials for students during registration. This makes renting your text books very easy.
Another question that you may be asking yourself, is it really worth it to rent college text books versus buying them? The short answer is yes. My son rented his text books this past school year and saved about $800 compared to buying them.
What are some of the benefits of renting text books for college?
- Lower text book cost. As mentioned before, the cost of buying a new or even used text book can be unbelievably expensive. Renting your books can lower this cost by up to 50 percent.
- Generally, you have all the benefits of ownership. By this I mean, you can highlight portions of the book without worrying about paying for damaging the book. This is considered normal wear and tear. Additionally, if the book comes with a CD supplement you will receive that as well.
- Renting college text books online is convenient. There is no standing in line with a bunch of heavy books at the checkout counter. Simply turn on your computer, go online, do some searches for the company you want to use, create your account and begin searching for the text books you need.
- Your text books will be delivered right to your door. Depending on how many books you rent, some companies will ship them to you for free.
- Returning the text books is equally easy. Simply put the books in a box and slap the pre-printed shipping label on the box and go to the nearest Post Office or UPS Store and drop off your books. You are now ready to rent the books you need for the next term.
There is one minor drawback to renting college text books. When you return the books you rented, you will not get any money back from the rental company. However, considering that you probably saved 35-50% up front, this is hardly a major concern.
After doing a little research,renting text books for college is more convenient and can save you a lot of money. So, keep your hard earned money and rent those text books for college. What are you waiting for? Rent those college text books now!